The Free and Open Source Silicon Foundation
Welcome to the Free and Open Source Silicon (FOSSi) Foundation. FOSSi Foundation is a non-profit foundation with the mission to promote and assist free and open digital hardware designs and their related ecosystems. FOSSi Foundation operates as an open, inclusive, vendor-independent group.
What is Free and Open Source Silicon?
Free and Open Source Silicon (FOSSi) are components and systems that are inside silicon devices (‘chips’). It is our core belief that building blocks that form such digital devices can be made free and open
Who are we?
FOSSi Foundation was created by a group of individuals coming from industry and academia, each with long experience in working on prominent Open Source projects within the digital design and embedded areas. The foundation is managed by directors, formed by the members and backed by sponsors
- Support and promote open standards development and their use
- Support community events and organize regular events
- Encourage industry participation in open source IP design
- Assist hobbyists and academic institutions with opening their work to the public
- Support the development and maintenance of a web site, aimed at providing a platform for free and open source silicon
Further details about our values and goals can be found in the FOSSi Foundation manifesto
Stay up to date
Every month we at the FOSSi Foundation collect the news highlights in the FOSSi ecosystem for you, so you can stay up-to-date without much hassle. Our newsletter is called El Correo Libre, and you can get it delivered to your email inbox, read it online, or in your feed reader.